Unfairly Dismissed? What To Do.

DismissedThe first thing you should know is that help is at hand.

Help With Unfair Dismissal

Assistance from a third party may be able to solve the issue by mediation, conciliation and arbitration if you have been threatened with dismissal or actually dismissed. And if you are a member of a trade union you can also speak to your union representative and unfair dismissal help. The first things you should do is appeal under your employer’s dismissal or disciplinary procedures. If this does not work then you may be able to make an appeal to an Employment Tribunal.

Employment tribunal for unfair dismissal cases

You can normally go to an employment tribunal if you’ve been unable to resolve a problem between you and your employer.

Do I qualify to claim for unfair dismissal?

You must have worked for your employer for a minimum period before you qualify for the right to claim unfair dismissal at a tribunal.

The qualifying period is normally 2 years if you’re an employee and started your job on or after 6 April 2012. The qualifying period is normally one year if you started your job before that date.

Not Sure

If you’re not sure whether you qualify get in touch and we’ll do our best to find out